Clicks Group is a retail-led healthcare group which is listed in the Food and Drug Retailers sector on the JSE.Founded over 51 years ago in 1968, the group has been listed on the JSE since 1996. Following changes in South African legislation in 2003 to allow corporate pharmacy ownership, the group entered the retail pharmacy market with the opening of the first Clicks pharmacy in 2004. Today the group is a leader in the healthcare market, in both retail pharmacy and pharmaceutical wholesaling.
An overview of the group’s history is available at www.clicksgroup.co.za.
We are truly passionate about our customers
We believe in integrity, honesty and openness
We cultivate understanding through respect and dialogue
Sustained financial performance
total shareholder return
|*||Based on reinvestment of dividends paid and the closing share price.|
|**||Based on HEPS.|
The anchor brand, Clicks, is South Africa’s leading health and beauty retailer, offering value for money in convenient locations and appealing formats.
- Clicks targets consumers in the growing middle to upper-income markets (LSM 6 – 10)
- Clicks ClubCard is one of the largest loyalty programmes in South Africa with over 8.1 million active members
- 74% of ClubCard customers are women and 62% are in the 25 to 49 age group
- 51% of households live within five kilometres of a Clicks store
- Differentiated product offering through wide ranges of private label and exclusive brands, comprising 22% of sales
View Clicks video
- 2001 – The Body Shop, which sells natural, ethically-produced beauty products
- 2014 – GNC, the largest global specialty health and wellness retailer
- 2015 – Claire’s, the leading specialty retailers of fashionable jewellery and accessories for young women and girls
- 2016 – the group partnered with Sorbet Holdings to develop Sorbet-branded products for sale in Clicks stores and Sorbet salons
The heritage business, Musica, is the country’s leading entertainment retail brand and was acquired in 1992.
in Clicks stores
Rest of Africa
The Body Shop
in Clicks stores
|South Africa||Rest of Africa||Total|
|The Body Shop||56||4||60||204|
Stores outside South Africa are in the neighbouring countries of Namibia, Botswana, Eswatini and Lesotho.
UPD is South Africa’s leading full-range pharmaceutical wholesaler and the only one with a national presence. UPD was acquired in 2003 to provide the distribution capability for the group’s healthcare strategy.
- UPD fulfils the pharmaceutical supply needs of Clicks, major private hospital groups and almost 1 200 independent pharmacies.
- UPD also provides bulk distribution services to pharmaceutical manufacturers.
View centralised distribution video