Clicks Group is a retail-led healthcare group which is listed in the Food and Drug Retailers sector on the JSE.
Founded 50 years ago in 1968, the group has been listed on the JSE since 1996. Following changes in South African legislation in 2003 to allow corporate pharmacy ownership, the group entered the retail pharmacy market with the opening of the first Clicks pharmacy in 2004. Today the group is a leader in the healthcare market, in both retail pharmacy and pharmaceutical wholesaling.
An overview of the group’s history is available at www.clicksgroup.co.za.
We are truly passionate about our customers
We believe in integrity, honesty and openness
We cultivate understanding through respect and dialogue
We deliver on our goals
The anchor brand, Clicks, is South Africa’s leading health and beauty retailer, offering value for money in convenient and appealing locations.
- Clicks targets consumers in the growing middle to upper-income markets (LSM 6 – 10)
- Clicks ClubCard is one of the largest loyalty programmes in South Africa with over 7.8 million active members
- 76% of ClubCard customers are women and 68% are in the 25 to 49 age group
- 50% of households live within five kilometres of a Clicks store
The franchise brands were introduced through exclusive franchise agreements to provide additional differentiation to the Clicks offering:
- 2001 – The Body Shop, which sells natural, ethically-produced beauty products
- 2014 – GNC, the largest global specialty health and wellness retailer
- 2015 – Claire’s, one of the world’s leading specialty retailers of fashionable jewellery and accessories for young women and girls
The heritage business, Musica, is the country’s leading entertainment retail brand and was acquired in 1992.
UPD is South Africa’s leading full-range pharmaceutical wholesaler and the only one with a national presence. UPD was acquired in 2003 to provide the distribution capability for the group’s healthcare strategy.
UPD fulfils the pharmaceutical supply needs of Clicks, major private hospital groups and over 1 200 independent pharmacies. UPD also provides bulk distribution services to pharmaceutical manufacturers.
in Clicks stores
||Rest of Africa
|The Body Shop
Stores outside South Africa are in the neighbouring countries of Namibia, Botswana, Swaziland and Lesotho.
Sustained financial performance
total shareholder return
dividend per share
of retail pharmacy
of front shop health
View Clicks video
of private pharmaceutical market
units of medicine delivered
View centralised distribution video